By the end of this week, you will have squatted 399 reps. That’s 399 “working reps”, in other words, your warmup sets do not count towards said 399.
We will count your final 1-RM next week as number 400. Four Hundred Reps. 4-0-0.
That’s a lot of reps in only 3 weeks. I hope for your sake that you were practicing perfection. Technique and positioning is (almost) everything and will be the single biggest determining factor in translation (carryover) between your squat and your O-Lifts.
We stress this weekly, but in case you forgot…
- Hands as close to your shoulders as mobility will allow (thumb around bar).
- Elbows down, not back.
- Organize your body before you lift the bar out of the rack.
- Two-step walkout.
- Breathe deep into your midsection (stomach and low back, not chest).
- Even weight distribution throughout the entire foot.
- Eyes on a fixed point in front of you, neutral neck.
- Controlled descent into the bottom (yes, all the way).
- Knees in line with your toes, chest up.
- Use the stretch-shortening cycle to rebound out of the bottom.
- Accelerate out of the bottom and don’t stop until you stand that shit up.
Week 03 Training: 14.08.22
A. Squat: 8×4@80 + 20-30
B. 3 Rounds for Continuous Movement:
-10 Alternating Sandbag Getups
-10 Alternating Strict Knees to Elbows
-10 Weighted Hip Extensions
-10 Sandbell Half-Moon Slams