Today I turn 31 years old. Exactly one year ago today, I was traveling and coaching seminars in Finland! The last year has been a whirlwind of great times and experiences with great people.
I feel very fortunate to be where I am with the people I am with. I have learned many valuable lessons over the years; this year seemed to be especially full of learning moments, life lessons and opportunities for growth. Some things that were reinforced for me this year:
1) Family is the most important thing in the world. My Mom, Dad and two sisters are and will always be there to support me and fight for me and the ones I love.
2) Friends are a close second. True friends. The ones who will support you through the good times and the bad. The ones who will venture out into the unknown with you – who will board the ship to the New World, though it’s only still a myth in the mind.
3) You have to look out for your family and your friends. No one else will. You’ll find out who these people are when it’s time for you to take charge of your life and make your own way.
4) Live from a mindset of abundance and love. Not scarcity and fear.
5) Start before you’re ready. There will always be excuses why you shouldn’t or why you can’t. The more afraid you are of doing something, the more sure you can be that THAT is exactly the thing that you should be doing. The worst that happens is you fail. The best that happens is that you succeed.
6) Everyone is scared shitless. That’s not the point. The point is to take action and move with decision. In college, me and the other goalkeepers had the expression “hesitation kills”. Whether you succeed or fail – do so at 100 MPH. You’ve only got one life – do it now.
7) Every moment is an opportunity to choose. Light or dark, happy or sad, positive or negative, love or hate, goodwill or ill-will, action or inaction, caring or indifference, connection or disconnection, interest or disinterest. Choose light, happy, positive, love, goodwill, action, caring, connection and interest. It will fill you up and attract the same from others – it will inspire those around you and become a force for change.
8) Be authentic. With yourself and with others.
Week 11 Training: 14.10.13
A. 5 Rounds, @ Warmup Pace:
-(7-Rep) Dip Matrix – On Boxes
-7 Strict TTB
-(7-Rep) Goblet Squat Matrix @ 24/16
B. 4 Rounds, Not For Time:
3/3 Shoulder Rolls w/ Strict Pull-up
3/3 Common Lunge Matrix w/ Clockwise Rotation
3/3 Common Lunge Matrix w/ Counter-clockwise Rotation
C. EMOM x 20 Minutes:
Odd: 12 Burpees
Even: 48 Double Unders